Greatra Mayana

Career & Employment Opportunities

Employment and Supported Employment Services

>>The Texas legislation passed a
law that requires the establishment of competitive employment
for people with disabilities. This policy is called “Employment First.” This is why it’s so important for you as a
student to take advantage of the opportunities that are available to you now to develop
a plan for your future employment. It’s critical that you work with
your IEP and our team in order to put down your different ideas, desires, motivations,
interests, and skills into your plan. Next, I’m going to be talking about the
differences between the types of employment. I’m going to talk about five
different types of employment options. The first is known as competitive employment. This means that as you go into a position,
whether you have a disability or not, the work that you’re doing is
the same as well as the pay. The next is called customized employment. This means that the work is modified in order to match the employee’s wants,
skills, and motivations. Integrated employment refers to work
that has people with both disabilities and non-disabilities working together. Self-employment means that
you are your own boss. You run your company or your own business and these are the five different
kinds of employment. Next I want to explain about the Texas
Workforce Commission, also known as TWC. This organization does an amazing job of helping
people find the jobs that match their skills. They work with different employers
that are looking to hire people. They do this through different partnerships —
for example with community colleges, schools, and special programs designed for adults. It’s important that you look at TWC and fill
out the necessary paperwork that they need so that they can help you match with an
employer for you to find the appropriate work. A few examples of some of their services include
your ability to register with — it’s a website where you can fill
out your information in order to be placed inside of their database. Their database will then help match you with different employers based
on your skills and interests. You can also put in referrals to different jobs. For example, if you’re interested in being
a photographer or a mechanic or a teacher or a counselor, you can put that information
in and it will help match you to those careers. The Texas Workforce Commission
also provides information as to which jobs are currently in high demand. Conversely, it also provides statistics
on which jobs are in low demand. This information can help
you make the decision as to which is the right place
for you to look for work. They can provide evaluations and assessments on
your knowledge and skills and interests in order to help match you to the appropriate employers. They can also set up referrals
for you for support services. For example, they can help you with developing
a resume as well as updating and editing it so that it could be sent
out to potential employers. TWC also offers various training
programs if it’s something that you’re interested in pursuing. So take advantage of TWC as they
offer a great number of services. Many of you that are currently in high
school typically have a DARS counselor that is assigned to your school. If you don’t have a counselor, contact your
school to find out who the appropriate person is to work with you on developing your plan. They will have a focus on your
transition services under DARS. Under DARS, there are several
services you can take advantage of. For example, they can provide support
to you during your last two years of high school as a junior or a senior. So start contacting your
DARS counselor to make plans. It really depends on the
individual and their needs. The DARS counselor will take a
look at your vocational needs and can provide additional training. They can provide some resources in order for you
to develop before you get out of high school. Your school can also provide
referrals to DARS as well. So these are some of the services
that you can take advantage of while you’re still in
high school through DARS. Your DARS counselor can help you
with vocational rehabilitation needs. For example, a vocation rehabilitation
can provide accommodations for you if you have vision loss, can help you with independent living skills,
transportation skills. For example, how do you order a taxi, or how
do you use the bus system, how do you buy or rent a car, getting a drivers
license, and those sorts of things. They can help you with communication
skills, how you can interact with people in the outside world via
writing, talking, or gesturing. They can also help develop a support system — for example, making sure that you’re eating
right, that your rent is being paid on time, and there will be a person there
to support you to make sure that life after high school is going well. They can also develop your vocational skills. These are just some of the services
that vocational rehab can help you with. The Division of Blind Services, known
as DBS, focuses on those individuals that are blind or have low vision. They work with individuals
from 10 to 24 years of age. Here are some of the services they provide. Now there are a variety of services
that both DRS and DBS can provide. DRS is the Division of Rehabilitation Services,
as DBS is the Division of Blind Services. Here is a list of some of
their services they provide. In addition to VR, DARS provides these services. Now, here is an example of
the timeline that’s involved. Here’s what’s involved if you’re 14 years old. Here’s when you’re 16 years old. Here’s when you’re 18 years old. And here’s after you’ve graduated high school.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *