Greatra Mayana

Career & Employment Opportunities

Know Your Rights – Chapter 10 – Filing an Employment Standards Claim

[Title: The following material is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a source of legal advice.] [Title: Filing an employment standards claim] Man>>Hi, Sue.
So my last day is on Friday, I wonder when I’m supposed
to get my last paycheque? Host>>If you have a question
about the ESA or need information on
how to file a claim, you can contact the Employment
Standards Information Centre at 1-800-531-5551. Information centre staff can
help you understand your rights and answer your questions
in English, French, and many other languages. When you call, you don’t have
to provide your name or the name of your employer.
And remember, your employer cannot punish you for talking to
the Ministry of Labour. If you believe that
you have not received your entitlements under the ESA, you can file a claim. A claim can be filed with
the ministry in a number of different ways. To access the employment
standards claim form, visit Unionized employees should talk
to their union representative for help with their issue. There are other ESA rights and special rules that
I haven’t touched on, including severance pay, and rules for assignment
employees of temporary help agencies. For more information
on all your rights, please visit our website or call our Information Centre:
1-800-531-5551. Information is available in
English, French,
and many other languages.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *